I don't know if this will be an ongoing thing, but I realize that I have to post this bit of information for my own good, or else I will continue to replay these thoughts in my mind for eternity.
I have a little boy who loves his tv...tv is his best friend, but it is no friend of mine.
I sit and stare at these characters because he wants me to watch with him.
I participate and laugh just as he does, but all the while, I am thinking.
I think about silly things, that I am sure the creators of the show had no intention, but I still believe these thoughts while I have them. I am sure these people sat and conspired these evil plans to subliminally alter these young impressionable minds into to thinking such things as their own thoughts.
Thoughts like, you must be part of a diversified group of friends. One black child, one white, one Asian, one mixed, and one spaz. I find this dynamic in the children's show the Backyardigans.
I know if you know this show you are thinking, these are animals...but they arent!
Tasha the hippo, is a no it all asian girl
Uniqua, is the "thing" that I at first thought was a black girl, but she is actually a mixed race child because she is "unique"
Tyrone is the moose who is a "cool" black child
Austin the kangaroo, is the nerdy white boy...who is probably gay
and Pablo the penguin is the SPAZ
(side note-pablo was the name of a disney character pabo the cold blooded penguin)
I have no problem with these characters, I just define them this way because we watch the SAME shows over and over and over...I had no choice but to humanize them.
Yeah, I am going to have to make multiple blogs about kids shows. I don't want your eyes to bleed...whoever you are...the one person to ever read this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment